Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm Obsessed

Mid-project self portrait.
Happiness is!
Really. I am kind of obsessed with the textile spools. This you will notice is the second post dedicated to them.solely.

I just wanted to post a quick 'before and after' image of the clean up that happened today.

Also - have to nod at the sheer joy of being able to spend my days doing things like this. Seriously. So exactly how I imagined this could work.

The chore of it:
Hardly. The sky was blue, temp near 80 (spring in Atlanta is by the way, my FAVORITE) and I was in spaghetti straps on the porch. Perfection. I was a hahahappy lady!

The beauty of it:
If I loved them before - I am beyond smitten now. The colors are even more beautiful. And where the repetition of shape attracted me to them in the first place, now that repetition is compounded (in a good way) in beautiful layers and layers and layers of paint that can now be appreciated. See the pink one below - after the clean up. Bottom center - it's like rings on a tree - so great! Big love. Obviously.

I 'shopped two quick before & afters to show the difference - just two I grabbed. Anyone love them as much as me?

Bueller...? Bueller...?

First batch is headed to POP tomorrow in time for the weekend. Go get 'em!


     
paint layers / close up

1 comment:

  1. Honestly! I don't know how you do it. But, really I do. You're just you. So talented. Imma proud of you.

    ReplyDelete